Here’s your chance to show off all those sweet moves you’ve been working on all season, so let's see what you got! No need to worry about keeping you head up in the corners, you can wheel, snipe and celly all day long at the 9280! We’re all about showcasing all the hard work you’ve done throughout the season out on the pond where you have plenty of time and space work your game.
No matter what level you’re playing in association hockey, we have a division for you. Bring your teammates or just a crew of your buddies who you like to play with and show us what you got! It’s the perfect event to keep your skills Patrick Sharpe while having a great time with your buddies. Oh, you can also tell your parents its high-altitude training. Just like the big boys have… bring it on!
Youth Team Entry Fee:
- U10, U12 and U14 Youth teams must have a minimum of 4, and may have no more than 8, players per team
- No Insurance is included. All participants are responsible for their own personal injury insurance
Pond Hockey Tournament Info:
- All games are 4 v 4 games, no goaltenders
- Tournament is round robin format
- Each team is guaranteed 4 round-robin games
- The top teams will play in a play-off round on Sunday for the Championship
- Games could be scheduled any time from 3pm on Friday, thru the Championship game Sunday at 6pm.
- Games are two 15-minute, running time halves, with a 2 minute break in between
- 5-minute warm-ups are scheduled before all games
- Rink size: 112’ x 64’ utilizing 18" tall x 1" thick thermoformed plastic dasher board systems, provided by Nice Rink - Ice Rink Systems
- Custom, metal pond hockey nets by Nice Rink - Pond Hockey Nets
- All games played on Keystone Lake, inside Keystone Village, part of the world-famous Keystone Ski Resort
- Evening games played under the lights on Keystone Lake, with night skiing under the lights available on Keystone Mountain available as well
- 10 total rinks
- Medal round on Sunday afternoon
- Random draw to determine schedule / opponents
Youth Only Divisions:
- U10 - Coed teams comprised of players currently playing Squirt level hockey
- U12 - Coed teams comprised of players currently playing PeeWee level hockey
- U14 - Coed teams comprised of players currently playing Bantam level hockey